Sunday, February 24, 2013

Week 8 – Feb 17: Absurdity Compensates for Cheating


Miles 2696
Where am I?
100_1655
 Last week needs no explanation!

Let’s get right to it…I’m a cheater. 
I defined a week as Mon-Sun (Bolt of lightning headed my way?) then decided to alter the fabric of time and call Sat & Sun different weeks. I plead the insanity defense.  First, doing back-to-back day trips from Jax to Orlando rather than getting a hotel room calls into question one’s mental state. Second, it was a mental health trip to help a cancer patient (Oh, yeah…I just played her C-card!) prepare for upcoming surgeries. That’s right, I was doing service. It was a totally self-sacrificing act out of the goodness of my heart as opposed to completely and utterly self-serving escapism (That was on Sat.) There is a difference, I’m sure of it…well…maybe? Anyway, Sunday isn’t on my list of days to go, but there were extenuating circumstances, a greater need than my own, and I did attend church hoping to avert a second bolt of  lightning. Thus, a week shall be whatever serves my purposes, but usually Mon-Sun.   

Set-up on Main Street for Live With Kellie and Michael filming the next day.  They had started set-up on Saturday.
100_1569
100_1572
100_1570
100_1577
100_1576

No stroll down Main Street is complete without a stop in the Confectionary.
100_1534
You don’t even need to buy anything. Just enjoy the ambiance and the aroma that Disney helps waft outside. Yes, it does entice one to buy, but Walt intended it in the spirit of providing the best possible Disney experience by incorporating the sense of smell. Walt wanted peppermint for Christmas, and in the summer you can smell vanilla. You can watch treats being made, something I love to do.
100_1580
100_1538
Mickey Crispy Rice treats with chocolate ears are, I promise, better than homemade. I have a recipe on my Pinterest board that is pretty good, closer than the regular homemade version, but it’s still not Disney. There’s a secret ingredient. Maybe if I eat another one, I’ll be able to figure it out  
100_1582
100_1583 
 On the walkway from the Barnstormer to Tomorrowland, we spotted this area for service dogs. How many times have I walked right past this and not noticed? 
100_1598
I found no receptacle of plastic bags for owners to do cleaning duty, no sign of an appropriate disposal bin, no smell, and no “jobs completed”, so I’m wondering if Disney has an official pooper-scooper position.  
Dumbo cuppy cakes available only at the shop across from Dumbo, Big Top Souvenirs, which is my favorite gift shop.  I love any place where I can watch those Disney treats being made! 100_1597
Cinderella’s Carriage was still out and required we take our picture. Maybe someday I’ll tell you about our inside joke that makes this picture utterly hilarious.  But maybe you can figure it out…100_1590 
Kind of bright inside Space Mountain, don’t you think?  We saw that it was closed, so we hopped on the TTA to bring you all the excitement of a roller coaster track in the light. oooh! aaah!
100_1640
Let’s take a ride…or 2…or 3, shall we?
100_1631
100_1622
100_1623 100_1642
I’m not going to win any awards for this photography, but here’s what my point-and-shoot could do on red eye reduction. Yes, it really took 3 times around and mild frostbite to get these. 
100_1644 100_1618 100_1646
100_1645 
100_1647
We just couldn’t do a 4th time, not that I think it would have improved the quality of photos at all had I risked hypothermia, and for the record, it DOES dip below freezing every now and again in Florida.
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR – MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
We ended the night with a showdown at Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin.  I’ve never been beaten this badly, and Jean is done riding this with moi. That’s right, she’s completed her Space Ranger mission. Any further attempts are futile. 
100_1649 
999,999
She was feeling slightly competitive…..
100_1654
And this preceded the weekly “Where am I” picture, because my face was stuck like that for an hour. Not sure I’m buying that carpal tunnel act…               
Congratulations Space Ranger, Jean!
TO INFINITY & BEYOND!!!!




Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. That is Zurg but I have no idea where you can get your picture done with him. Is this new for 2013?

    Who is Kellie and Michael?

    Yummy!!!

    Great pictures!!!! Can't wait to go back! Got to save my $$$

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's at Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger spin when you come out of the ride by the photo counter. This has been around for years, but when everyone is piling out of the ride through that room, it can be easy to miss.

    Kellie and Michael: They're the current Regis and Kathie Lee. Kathie was replace by Kellie Ripa, then Regis left, and now there's Michael. I never watch. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, thanks!!! I still have to put up the planning page to direct folks to the best sites, but if you want to save money for a Disney trip, Google Couponing to Disney. She shows her budget weekly and shows how they find bits of money (not just couponing) to put in the fund. Sometimes the fund gets drained for car repair or other big emergencies, but it's a really good site. Plus, she publishes money-saving deals.

    ReplyDelete