Friday, May 24, 2013

Week 21 monster summer party, May 24-25

Couldn't miss the chance to pull another all- nighter at Disney! Another all-nighter, you ask? Yes, this is the second time the Magic Kingdom stayed open 24 hours straight, the first being an Extra Day of Disney for leap year in 2012. I scored the first shirt along with the caffeine-fueled 3 hour drive home at 5 a.m., but by the time we arrived at the Monster Summer P,arty, the only size available was 3X. Disney marketing lost out on real earning potential as we were part of a nomadic throng people scouring the park for shirts. They were available online for 72 hours after the event, but I wasn't feeling the love when I had to forfeit my passholder discount AND pay shipping for 3 Disney-priced (think somewhere between pizza delivery and college tuition) tees. When I was ready to cave in, it was too late. And THAT is how to save money on Disney souvenirs! Don't pack your bags to bursting point. Decide to call the park merchandize line when you get home and have it shipped. I promise it takes some of the excitement right out of it. If I couldn't wear my shirt at the event, that shirt had less meaning. Well... That's my story and I'm sticking to it. If you happen to know anyone selling Monster Summer Party shirts on the black market, I need an XS, L, & XXL.

No comments:

Post a Comment